Sentience Psychological Services values having a diverse staff.
Employment with us lets you do the work you love while growing professionally. Sentience Psychological Services is an equal opportunity employer, and we intentionally seek staff with a diverse background that varies based on gender identity, religion, socio-economic status, household composition, race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, education, and other attributes. Having a diverse workplace encourages new perspectives, innovation, and empathy among our team. The presence of a diverse staff opens the door for clients who come from marginalized groups to feel safe, affirmed, and welcomed.
Sentience Psychological Services provides psychological services to clients in Phoenix, Arizona and the surrounding area. We are always looking for full-time mental health providers that can provide services to people in our community.
Candidates must be well-trained, responsible, and driven. Our current staff is comprised of well-rounded clinicians who work hard, while also having room to collaborate and connect with one another.
What Sets Us Apart
A practice led by a clinician is driven by professional ethics above all else. Dr. DeMarte, who founded Sentience Psychological Services in 2012, continues to manage the practice herself by prioritizing quality of care and professional integrity. She made the decision to open Sentience Psychological Services because most larger agencies are run by non-clinicians who focus on revenue and increasing caseloads rather than client care. While an agency’s financial health is important, Dr. DeMarte believes that making it the focus of the practice leads to over-worked and under-trained clinicians, who will, in turn, provide poor care.
Unlike large agencies where therapists routinely carry a caseload of 60 to 70 clients, Dr. DeMarte ensures that her staff carry a caseload of around 30 clients who are seen every week. This leaves clinicians with opportunities for ongoing training and the ability to provide care with the highest level of integrity.
- Completion of either a Masters or Doctoral degree in the field of Mental Health.
- Independent licensure (e.g., Psychologist, LPC, LCSW) or associate level licensure (e.g., LAC, LMSW) in the state of Arizona.
- A full-time therapist has between 26-30 therapy clients on their caseload.
- A part-time therapist has between 13-20 therapy clients on their caseload.
- The requirements for psychologists who conduct evaluations varies based on the type of evaluation being conducted.
Benefits at Sentience Psychological Services
- Flexible schedule
- Supervision (for associate level staff) from licensed psychologists and licensed professional counselors that are certified by the Board of Behavioral Health in Arizona.
- Partial remote work
- Work with friendly and passionate colleagues
- Health Insurance (for employees)
- Paid vacation
- PTO (for employees)
- Paid sick leave
- Salary (for employees)
Sentience Psychological Services pays a salary for full-time employees and a flat rate model for independent contractors. Compensation is based on years of experience and licensure status.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]